Become a Member
Your support is essential to our local League’s vibrancy in the community. Today, it is more important than ever to have well‐informed voters on crucial issues like education, clean energy and water, immigration, and more.
Your membership dollars support our work as non‐partisan advocates for the democratic process!
After submitting the form, you will receive a link to pay online and instructions on sending a check. We use PayPal to process online credit card transactions. You do not need a PayPal account to pay online.
Your Membership and Donations are tax deductible!
To discuss alternative membership fees, please contact:
Darcy Richardes, our Membership Chair, at membership [at] lwvssmc.org.
Our Community Efforts
- Candidate Forums - During each election cycle, league members organize and staff candidate forums for town councils and school board elections.
- State Proposition Presentations - League members explain the Pros and Cons of ballot propositions at public meetings for area clubs, churches, and forums.
- Public Forums on Important Issues - Immigration, universal healthcare for all Californians, climate change, water management and conservation, and more
- Voter Registration - League members distribute registration forms and conduct registration drives.
How Your Dollars Work
- Only 28% of your membership dues—just $21—remain with our local chapter. The balance of your membership dues—72%—goes to the League’s National, State, and Bay Area efforts.
- An additional contribution to assist us with ongoing administrative expenses—office rental, telephone, etc.—would benefit our League greatly.
Empowering Voters. Defending Democracy.