Adopted 1967; affirmed 2005; update authorized at 2015 Convention.
The League of Women Voters of Connecticut supports state policies and programs which promote comprehensive long-range planning for conservation and development of land and water resources. Such planning should consider the interaction of our natural resources with each other as well as their relation to the needs of our growing population. Specific measures which the League supports include:
- enforcement of regulations to improve water quality;
- provision for an adequate staff to implement programs;
- acquisition and preservation of open space land, including inland wetlands and tidal marshes;
- a regional approach to planning;
- adequate and equitable financing of state programs;
- establishment of clear lines of authority and coordination of policy among state agencies.