The Montana League of Women Voters changed our bylaws last summer to move to having a formal convention every two years, and in the interim year, to have a less formal retreat.
This spring, we will be having our first retreat! And the good news about the retreat is that there are no official delegates, so as many League members from each League can come as you want!
Come join fellow Leagers from Saturday April 21 at 12:00 pm to Sunday, April 22 at 12:00 pm for inspiration, information, compantionship and fun!
We envision a wonderful two days of sharing the best of what other Leagues are doing, hearing more about the exciting opportunities to work with projects of the Montana League and make the Montana League a major force in defending democracy in Montana, and have fun and get to know League members from all around the state! We will start at noon on Saturday, and end about noon on Sunday.
“Positioning the League as the Voice for Democracy in Montana”
What will you get at the Retreat?
* Compelling vision of the role of the League in Defending Democracy in Montana
* Deeper understanding of the challenges facing Native American voters
* Inspiring stories of working across political divisions
* Best Practice Workshops on tools to build a stronger local League
* Skill-building in effective communication using Power Point and Social Media
* Entertainment and a fun time with League members from across the state
* Information and opportunity to join the team that monitors, does lobbying and issues action alerts for Montana 2019 Legislative session
* Opportunity to approve the Program (Issues and Actions) for the state League through April 2019
How much does it cost?
Registration for the retreat is $50 per person, which includes everything from 1:00 pm on Saturday through noon on Sunday: reception, dinner, breakfast and lunch, along with entertainment, speakers and handouts. The Billings League members are opening their homes for $10 overnight accommodations. Local Leagues are arranging car pools. There are also options for participating in selected portions of the retreat. Some local Leagues are offering scholarships to those who need assistance with the cost.
How can I register?
You can register using the form at the link below. Registration deadline is April 7.