We study issues, take action and lobby legislators and school boards in our efforts to seek positive changes for our students.
We will be monitoring:
- Locally approved funding initiatives: ½ cent sales tax, and one-half mill for Children Trust Initiataive
- Local entity program measures, i.e. closing the achievement gap strategies, support for students with disabilities, school climate, student safety and behavioral program
- BOOST after school program board
- Support for:
- the elimination of for-profit-charter school management;
- providing stronger local control over all charter schools (fiscal management and accountability);
- student admissions and dismissals; and,
- civil rights enforcement for students with disabilities.
What Can You Do?
Come to a meeting!
Visit coming EVENTS on our web calendar - see the Home Page.
Meetings are 4th Tuesdays, 4 pm
Santa Fe Downtown, 530 W University Avenue (CIED Building)
League to which this content belongs:Alachua County