Make plans now to attend the LWVWI Issues Briefing 2018 on Saturday, November 10, 9 AM - 4 PM.
All are welcome at this informative event, at the Holy Wisdom Monastery, 4200 County Highway M in Middleton (Driving Directions and Holy Wisdom Monastery Grounds Map). Registration Deadline: EXTENDED NOW thru November 3
After a busy election season, relax with us in the peaceful surroundings of Holy Wisdom Monastery in Middleton for a day of inspirational and informative briefings on these prominent issues
- Post-election Review of Election Security in Wisconsin by Meagan Wolfe, Administrator, Wisconsin Elections Commission.
- City of Racine Water Diversion Challenge by Jodi Habush Sinykin, Attorney, Midwest Environmental Advocates.
- Wisconsin Civic Games by Eve Galanter (Wisconsin Newspaper Association Foundation) and Melanie Ramey (LWVWI). Eve and Melanie will give an overview and update about the inaugural competition to increase high school civic education and knowledge throughout Wisconsin.
- Panel: United by Love - United Against Hate: Building an Inclusive Community moderated by Artists and Activists Kelly Parks Snider and Rachael Griffin. They will be joined by local activists involved in a variety of causes and organizations including* Masood Akhtar (United Against Hate), and Tracy Williams-Maclin (UW External Relations, Partnerships & Development)
- Panel: The Role of Media in Our Democracy moderated by Joy Cardin, Former Host, Wisconsin Public Radio. She will be joined by a panel of journalists and reporters who cover Wisconsin politics including Steve Walters (Wisconsin Eye), Robert Chappell (Madison365), and Jessica Arp (WISC News 3 TV).
If you’re in need of post-election breathing space, join us on November 10th for thoughtful conversations in the restful and restorative atmosphere of Holy Wisdom Monastery. Issues Briefing is open to ALL - League members and nonmembers - so please share registration information with your friends and family.
Also, the LWVWI Board and staff will provide updates on the work from the State Office. Please plan to join us!
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
8212 Greenway Blvd
Middleton, WI 53562
25 rooms have been block-reserved for LWVWI for Friday night, Nov 9th, and 10 rooms for Saturday night, Nov 10, at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton at thespecial group rate of $89 (single room) and $104 (double room). To make reservations online click here or call the hotel directly at 608-831-1400 and be sure to mention, "League of Women Voters/Retreat at Holy Wisdom Monastery," to receive the special room rates. Group rates are available thru October 10th only.
Holy Wisdom Monastery
4200 County Road M
Middleton, WI 53562
5 single rooms have been block reserved for LWVWI for Friday night, Nov 9th, at the Holy Wisdom Monastery at the special rate of $71/room. To make reservations contact Amanda Conway, Guest Services Coordinator at 608-836-1631, ext 100, aconway [at] benedictinewomen.org (). Group rates are available thru October 26th only.
When is the Registration Deadline?
The registration deadline for this event is now extended to end of day November 3, 2018.
What's included in the registration fee?
The registration fee provides access to the full day's events and includes light breakfast fare with regular and decaf coffee and hot tea, and a Fajita Luncheon Buffet: Marinated chicken and/or tofu gently seared with peppers and onions and served with flour and crispy corn tortilla. Accompanied by homemade refried beans, spanish rice, salsa and all the trimmings and a homemade sweet treat.
Tickets are $45 for full attendee and $15 for students.
Do I need to be a member of LWVWI to attend this Conference?
Anyone can attend on Saturday. We welcome members and nonmembers, men and women. No, you don't need to be a member of LWVWI, but we encourage you to join your local League or become a member at large. You can find out more information at Issues Briefing.
Where do I park and enter the building for the event?
The Issues Briefing will be held in the Monastery Building on the grounds of the Monastery with onsite parking available.
If you have any questions, please contact our office - email: lwvwisconsin [at] lwvwi.org or phone: 608-256-0827