LWVWI Meg McLane Award for Advocacy
This annual award from the League of Women Voters of Wisconsin recognizes one individual League member who works as a citizen advocate through the League of Women Voters and/or other organizations for positive policy changes in Wisconsin. It honors the dedicated work of Meg McLane, who was a longtime member of LWV Fond du Lac and the state Legislative Committee. Meg passed away in 2014, and this is a way to honor her memory – by nominating an outstanding League member for this Advocacy Award in her name.
The nominee must be a League member in Wisconsin and will be honored at the LWVWI Annual Meeting in the summer of 2023. The state board has set a financial award of $250 in a check payable to the 501(c)(3) organization of the recipient's choice.
Congratulations to the 2023 Meg McLane Award Recipient:
Leigh Ann Tidey, LWV Milwaukee County
Find the Nomination Form and more information here.
Past Recipients of the Meg McLane Award for Advocacy
- 2007 June Kjome, La Crosse Area
- 2008 Nancy Stabb, Janesville
- 2009 Connie Threinen, Dane County
- 2010 Barbara Hussin, Milwaukee County
- 2011 Darlene Wellner, Manitowoc County
- 2012 Patricia Finder-Stone, Greater Green Bay
- 2013 Melanie Ramey, Dane County
- 2014 Bette Carr, Beloit
- 2015 Helen Schwartz, Greater Green Bay
- 2016 Louise Petering, Milwaukee County
- 2017 Ingrid Rothe, Dane County
- 2018 Colleen Gruszynski, Greater Green Bay
- 2019 Kay Deupree, Janesville
- 2020 Jacqueline Klimaszewski, Appleton and Mary Dahm, Wisconsin Rapids Area
- 2021 Anneliese Waggoner, Greater Green Bay
- 2022 Margy Davey, Winnebago County
- 2023 Leigh Ann Tidey, Milwaukee County
ABOUT THE MLD AWARD
The Membership and Leadership Development (MLD) team encourages all WI Local Leagues to demonstrate how they've grown and strengthened their membership participation, become more visible in their community, have supported and recruited leadership, and incorporated diversity, equity and inclusion into their work and programming. The application is a series of 9 questions that can be submitted electronically or via mail. Start your application today!
Congratulations to the 2023 First and Second Place Awardees!
First place: LWV Appleton-Fox Cities
Second place: LWV Ozaukee County
Past Recipients of the Membership & Leadership Development Award
- 2015 LWV Northwoods (1st Place); LWV Beloit/LWV Dane Co/LWV Manitowoc Co (2nd Place); LWV Greater Green Bay/LWV Milwaukee Co (Honorable Mention)
- 2016 LWV Door Co (1st Place); LWV Beloit/LWV Greater GreenBay/LWV Manitowoc Co (2nd Place)
- 2017 LWV Beloit (1st Place); LWV Manitowoc Co (2nd Place)
- 2018 LWV Beloit (1st Place)
- 2019 LWV Beloit and LWV Winnebago (share 1st Place)
- 2020 LWV Sheboygan County (1st Place); LWV Upper St. Croix Valley (2nd Place)
- 2021 LWV St. Croix Valley and LWV Greater Chippewa Valley (1st Place Tie)
- 2022 LWV St. Croix Valley (1st Place)
- 2023 LWV Appleton-Fox Cities (1st Place); LWV Ozaukee County (2nd Place)