LWVWI Meg McLane Award for Advocacy
This annual award from the League of Women Voters of Wisconsin recognizes one individual League member who works as a citizen advocate through the League of Women Voters and/or other organizations for positive policy changes in Wisconsin. It honors the dedicated work of Meg McLane, who was a longtime member of LWV Fond du Lac and the state Legislative Committee. Meg passed away in 2014, and this is a way to honor her memory – by nominating an outstanding League member for this Advocacy Award in her name.
The nominee must be a League member in Wisconsin and will be honored at the LWVWI Annual Meeting in the summer of 2020. The state board has set a financial award of $250 in a check payable to the 501(c)(3) organization of the recipient's choice.
Deadline: Nominations for the 2020 Meg McLane Award for Advocacy are due on Friday, April 3, 2020. The Award recipient for 2020 will be annouced in May.
Find the nomination form and more information here.
Past Recipients of the Meg McLane Award for Advocacy
- 2007 June Kjome, La Crosse Area
- 2008 Nancy Stabb, Janesville
- 2009 Connie Threinen, Dane County
- 2010 Barbara Hussin, Milwaukee County
- 2011 Darlene Wellner, Manitowoc County
- 2012 Patricia Finder-Stone, Greater Green Bay
- 2013 Melanie Ramey, Dane County
- 2014 Bette Carr, Beloit
- 2015 Helen Schwartz, Greater Green Bay
- 2016 Louise Petering, Milwaukee County
- 2017 Ingrid Rothe, Dane County
- 2018 Colleen Gruszynski, Greater Green Bay
- 2019 Kay Deupree, Janesville
Membership & Leadership Development "MLD" Award
This annual award from the League of Women Voters of Wisconsin celebrates and recognizes local Wisconsin leagues for initiatives they have taken over the past year that have measurably increased their visibility, outreach, member participation, and leadership development – the four cornerstones of the MLD program.
Leagues are self-nominating and must be recognized local league chapters in Wisconsin. The winners will be honored at the LWVWI Annual Meeting in the summer of 2020. The state board has set a first place award of $250 and a second place award of $100 to underscore the importance of the MLD program in achieving the League’s mission.
Deadline: Nominations for the Membership & Leadership Development Award is Wednesday, May 15, 2020.
Find the application form and more information about the Membership & Leadership Development Award Program here.
Sample spreadsheet template for Leagues to track required information for the award can be found here.
Past Recipients of the Membership & Leadership Development Award
- 2015 LWV Northwoods (1st Place); LWV Beloit/LWV Dane Co/LWV Manitowoc Co (2nd Place); LWV Greater Green Bay/LWV Milwaukee Co (Honorable Mention)
- 2016 LWV Door Co (1st Place); LWV Beloit/LWV Greater GreenBay/LWV Manitowoc Co (2nd Place)
- 2017 LWV Beloit (1st Place); LWV Manitowoc Co (2nd Place)
- 2018 LWV Beloit (1st Place)
- 2019 LWV Beloit and LWV Winnebago (share 1st Place)