How the League Selects Issues for Emphasis
In the League, Program means the issues that we choose for concerted study, education and action at local, state and national levels. Program can include both education and action.
The Program Planning process is part of what makes the League a grassroots organization; each League member has the opportunity to influence the selection of issues where the local, state, and national League will focus time, talent and money.
Every two years, members of local Leagues engage in Program Planning. Based on the results of this, the Board of Directors makes recommendations to the biennial convention delegates about the program to be adopted for the coming two year period.
Why it matters
The League of Women Voters envisions and fosters a democracy where every person has the desire, the right, the knowledge and the confidence to participate.
We promote issues at the National, State and Local Level
LWV National - Voting Rights - Elections - Other Issues - Impact on Issues
LWV PA - Positions on Issues
What we’re currently doing
- Adolescent Sleep Health and Healthy School Hours
- U.S. Census 2020 - National League - PA League
- Criminal Justice - The Civic Education Committee of our League is conducting a seminar on November 2 on Examining Criminal Juctice in Delaware County plus PA League Criminal Justice Positon Page
- Delaware County Health Department Study (League members will be part of Johns Hopkins Study Focus Groups) NOTE: If interested in participating in a focus group a link to register can be found on the Delaware County Medical Society site.
- Voter Education on NEW Voting Machines & Article & New Voting Machine News Announcement
- Inform the Voter through Candidate Forums and Advocacy - Check out our Voter Toolkit