Current Job Opportunities
Help the League of Women Voters of Wisconsin monitor Wisconsin's elections. We are seeking volunteers to be trained as Election Observers and placed in polling places in specific areas around the state. We will do our best to assign you to a location near your home. You don't need to be a League member to volunteer for this -- although we'd love to have you join us!
For the 2018 elections we are focusing the Election Observation Program in three areas:
- to be sure there is no disenfranchisement
- to monitor the voter experience - including registration and showing ID
- to track any problems that can be fixed for the fall elections
Requirements: You'll need to be available to volunteer for a minimum of 2 hours on Election Day. Election observers will also need a cell phone to use while volunteering and have their own transportation to and from their assigned polling location. There are also limited opportunities to be a "roving" observer. Rovers need to be available to volunteer for at least 4 hours on Election Day.
Learn more about our Election Observation Program here. If you have questions about this volunteer opportunity contact our Voter Education Coordinator, Eileen Newcomer, at electionobservation [at] lwvwi.org or (608)256-0827.
Upcoming elections we're observing:
- April 3, 2018 - volunteer sign up has ended. Please sign up below to receive information about the November Election.
- November 6, 2018 - volunteer sign up will open in late summer. Sign up below to be added to our mailing list and receive updates.
It is the policy of LWV WI to provide equal opportunities to all qualified citizens without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, age, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal laws. This policy is applicable to persons served by the organization, to staff employment, and to memberships on its governing board.