The League of Women Voters of Wisconsin is a nonpartisan organization that advocates for informed and active participation in government. LWVWI is a vibrant, visible, respected advocate for sustaining our democratic society.
- Grassroots initiatives and consensus building are the strengths of our organization
- Our organization models the principles of good governance
- Citizenship requires knowledge, as well as the ability and will to act
- The responsibility of good government rests on the shoulders of citizens
- The voting rights of U.S. citizens at home and abroad are to be assured.
We consider well before taking action and prepare well before beginning to act.
WE BELIEVE IN:
- respect for individuals
- the value of diversity
- the empowerment of the grassroots, both within the League and in communities
- the power of collective decision making for the common good.
- act with trust, integrity, and professionalism
- operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve, both members and the public
- take the initiative in seeking diversity in membership
- acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future.