The League of Women Voters of Wisconsin is a nonpartisan organization that advocates for informed and active participation in government. LWVWI is a vibrant, visible, respected advocate for sustaining our democratic society.
- Grassroots initiatives and consensus building are the strengths of our organization
- Our organization models the principles of good governance
- Citizenship requires knowledge, as well as the ability and will to act
- The responsibility of good government rests on the shoulders of citizens
- The voting rights of U.S. citizens at home and abroad are to be assured.
We consider well before taking action and prepare well before beginning to act.
WE BELIEVE IN:
- respect for individuals
- the value of diversity
- the empowerment of the grassroots, both within the League and in communities
- the power of collective decision making for the common good.
- act with trust, integrity, and professionalism
- operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve, both members and the public
- take the initiative in seeking diversity in membership
- acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Policy. LWV is an organization fully committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in principle and in practice. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, gender identity, ethnicity, race, native or indigenous origin, age, generation, sexual orientation, culture, religion, belief system, marital status, parental status, socioeconomic status, language, accent, ability status, mental health, educational level or background, geography, nationality, work style, work experience, job role function, thinking style, personality type, physical appearance, political perspective or affiliation and/or any other characteristic that can be identified as recognizing or illustrating diversity or any other class protected by applicable state or federal laws. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to the organization’s current and future success in engaging all individuals, households, communities, and policy makers in creating a more perfect democracy. This policy is applicable to persons served by the organization, to staff employment, and to memberships on its governing board. (Adopted November 2018)