LWVSC supports making the General Assembly more efficient, effective, accountable, and responsive through:
1. Provision for roll call votes on most bills other than congratulatory and honorary resolutions.
2. Subsistence pay for members of the General Assembly only when present.
3. Pre-session orientation and organization for the Senate (as in House).
4. Some limitations on the number of consecutive terms a Speaker of the House can serve. However, a Speaker should be permitted to serve at least 3 consecutive terms.
5. Proper staffing and financial support of state agencies mandated by law or regulations to carry out and enforce the provisions of state and federal laws and regulations.
6. A Committee on Committees to assign members to committees.
7. Modification of the Senate committee assignment procedures to include criteria other than just seniority.
8. Parallel jurisdiction for committees in the House and Senate.
9. Full publicizing of all committee meetings year-round in a timely manner, with at least 24 hours’ notice, giving date, time, and place, including at www.scstatehouse.gov.