LWV has long been a trusted source of objective and nonpartisan election information. Since 2006, VOTE411.org has served tens of millions of voters. By entering one’s home address on VOTE411.org, voters can see ballot questions they will be voting on, compare candidate responses to League questions, and much more! Behind the scenes, LWVNC members work to get the most up-to-date election information – including candidates' questionnaires – on the site in a timely manner.
For the latest news about VOTE411 from League of Women Voters of the US, click here.
The 2020 Election
In 2020, LWVNC and VOTE411.org will cover the following elections:
- Statewide – Governor, US Senate, NC Council of State, Supreme Court, Court of Appeals
- US House – all 13 districts
- NC Senate – 30 out of 49 districts
- NC House – 70 out of 120 districts
- NC District Court Judges
- County Commissions
- Boards of Education
- Soil & Water Commissions
- Any other local elections off-cycle; Register of Deeds, Mayor & Town Council
Our 2020 Timeline
Through June 2020 – we will contact current candidates for information
July – we will contact Soil and Water candidates after their filing deadline passes
Early August – the full site will be live, and we will start promoting it
Oct. 15 – Early Voting starts
Nov. 3 – Election Day
Help Us Spread the Word
- There is no “best way” to promote VOTE411 – word of mouth, social media, printed promotional materials, billboards, U.S. mail all work
- College students have reported they like posters and flyers that keep the name in front of them
- You need to know your local market – where do people get their news?
- Who can you partner with to get the word out?
- Different media can be more effective at different times; i.e. bookmarks passed out early to keep; billboards in month before election; radio spots the week before election
- The most expensive tactics should be used at the last minute when the majority of people use the site – our statistics indicate that 58-64% of users log on during the final week before Election Day