League in the Spotlight
The twenty local Leagues throughout Wisconsin are busy every day empowering voters and defending democracy in successful and innovative ways. The League in the Spotlight feature is designed to highlight and share unique aspects of their work, one League at a time, in bimonthly email communications to the full membership. Each League feature is now archived here. These programs and events continue to teach, inspire, and showcase the important work League members do in their communities.
To have your local League featured for League in the Spotlight, contact Ellen Penwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608)256-0827.
Featured League Programs
Click on the League name below to read about their featured program.
- July 27, 2019 - LWV of the Whitewater Area - engaged their community through a League fundraiser with a social purpose
- July 13, 2019 - LWV of Appleton - views their League’s work under a DEI lens with input from a newly formed Diversity Advisory Committee
- May 4, 2019 - LWV of Beloit - honored voting rights leaders in their community.
- April 6, 2019 - LWV of Milwaukee County - educated their community on Immigration Policies: DACA and Keeping Families Together
- March 24, 2019 - LWV Sheboygan County - took action to lead a community discussion on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Feb 28, 2019 - LWV of Manitowoc County - released their addiction and poverty study.
- December 15, 2018 - LWV Stevens Point - adopts “speed dating” model for social networking at a Meet Your League event.
- December 1, 2018 - LWV Wisconsin Rapids - informs citizens by hosting a compilation of WI open meetings laws on their website.
- November 17, 2018 - LWV Door County - shines a spotlight on local government through their Observer Corps
- November 3, 2018 - LWV Ashland-Bayfield Counties - League member won award for founding the Superior Rivers Watershed Association
- October 20, 2018 - LWV La Crosse Area - boosted voter registration through collaboration with other advocacy groups in the Driftless Voter Coalition
- October 6, 2018 - LWV Ozaukee County - informed voters using VOTE411.org
- September 22, 2018 - All Local Leagues in Wisconsin - collective voter registration work in celebration of National Voter Registration Day
- September 8, 2018 - LWV Northwoods - conducted student led candidate forum
- August 25, 2018 - LWV Whitewater Area - raises awareness of upcoming elections by placing a banner on main street
- August 11, 2018 - LWV Appleton - works to end child poverty
- July 28, 2018 - LWV Winnebago County - advocated for fair maps at their county board meeting
- July 14, 2018 - LWV Dane County - co-created the Dane County Voter ID Coalition to build community alliances
- May 19, 2018 - LWV Ripon Area - participated in the Membership Leadership Development Program
- May 5, 2018 - LWV Milwaukee County - engaged in voter outreach activities during the March for our Lives events and designed a High School Voter Education and Registration Project
- April 21, 2018 - LWV Greater Chippewa Valley - recognized as a new League by LWVUS
- April 4, 2018 - LWV Greater Green Bay - engaged in voter outreach to citizens during the Women's March Day of Action
- March 24, 2018 - LWV Janesville and LWV Beloit - held annual Susan B. Anthony birthday celebration that addressed issues related to race, social justice, and voting rights
- March 10, 2018 - LWV Sheboygan County - recognized as a new League by LWVUS and participated in LWVWI's Community Alliances initiative
- February 24, 2018 - LWV Manitowoc County - conducted successful Facing Hunger Issues Forum